Re: centering tables with CSS

From: Matthew Brealey <webmaster@richinstyle.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:51:41 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org
I wrote:

> in that it was surely not intended to redefine CENTER - you shouldn't
> retrospectively invalidate preexisting behaviour)*, and if browsers
> followed this many pages would be broken.

But forgot about my footnote. So here it is:

* Of course HTML, as a language concerned with meaning, shouldn't be
specifying how things should be rendered anyway.

Please visit http://RichInStyle.com. Featuring:
MySite: customizable styles.         AlwaysWork style
Browser bug table covering all CSS2 with links to descriptions.
Lists of > 1000 browser bugs         Websafe Colorizer
CSS2, CSS1 and HTML4 tutorials.      CSS masterclass
CSS2 test suite: 5000++ tests and 300+ test pages.