RE: Status of Frames in HTML 4 (was: errata, http://www.w3.org/ TR /xhtml1)

From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:20:41 -0500
To: Dave J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk>, www-html@w3.org
At 04:50 PM 1/11/00 +0000, Dave  J Woolley wrote:
>> From:	Ann Navarro [SMTP:ann@webgeek.com]
>>
>> It isn't. But you can't expect a spec that allows them to look forward to
>> spec that changes the situation. We don't retroactively edit a spec to say
>> "oh, and these will be deprecated in that spec 2 iterations forward".
>>
>	The argument was that they were already disallowed by
>	the strict version of HTML 4.  Other things that are
>	disallowed by the strict version are marked deprecated
>	in the narrative of that spec.

Frames were never *in* the HTML 4 strict set, so they can't be deprecated
there.

Ann
---
Just Released! - HTML BY Example
Now shipping -  Mastering XML
Also in print:  Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials

Founder, WebGeek Communications            http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org
Director, HWG Online Education             http://www.hwg.org/services/classes