Re: Printing the URL next to the link (was:RE: Fixed table width)

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 14:29:10 -0800
To: "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
-- A somewhat similar functionality (but less "ugly") is offerred by some
existing browsers:
Both Internet Explorer 5.0 and many versions of Lynx allow printing the
list of
URLs with their link descriptions at the bottom of the printed page. Lynx
also can
put numbers next to the links' description in the text itself.--

They CAN, but I don't think that markup has an interface that makes sure a
browser WILL.

I must admit, though, I do like what you mentioned about CSS2... that's the
kind of "looking out for the web" that I like to see...
(this part of the post is "special," so it is seperated from the rest...)

I want to congratulate the W3C for going through such problem-solving
efforts with CSS's mixed-media abilities, and encourage further innovation!

Daniel