Fixed table width

From: Michael Ducharme <michael@web-solve.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 15:24:18 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-html@w3.org>

Hello

I believe I have found a problem (or unpleasant
behaviour) with HTML tables.  I use a main
layout table in all of my Web sites, to set margins
and control columns of text, etc...

Text in the table wraps nicely within the number
of pixels that I specify.

BUT... if the table contains a "very long word,"
the text will not wrap.  This makes the whole page
look bad, as the entire table is pushed wider just
because of a few long URLs.

I noticed this when my marketing reports contained
referrer addresses for Yahoo.  Yahoo's addresses
are very long, and different sections are separated
by underscorers instead of hyphens.

Can HTML be made to wrap on the underscore
character?

Thanks

Michael Ducharme
michael@web-solve.net