Sun's position on device upload

From: James P. Salsman <bovik@best.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:13:12 -0800 (PST)
To: www-html@w3.org
Cc: altheim@eng.sun.com
What if George Hobbs and I were the same person?

If it would steer the discussion to the merits of the proposal,
I would gladly use pseudonyms.  And especially if it would forfeit
my ownership in the proposal to some non-wintel HTML WG member who
frequently edits the DTD.  But of course, that person would
probably not have "device upload" in his or her killfile.

Either way, I'm supporting a winning proposal; if I have a stake
in the matter, so what?  My motivations would still be in
everyone's interest, including Bill Gates and Andy Grove.  The
rules are often different for educational technologies.

Cheers,
James