Re: pre-XHTML discussions: sprinkles/islands [was: ...]

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Very little was actually agreed. In particular...
>
> | The discussion of using XML markup in HTML documents such that it
> | would be "significant" to stylesheet and DOM implementations did
> | not reach a clear consensus.

No surprise!:)  This is a very non-trivial problem.

> Somebody (hint hint) was supposed to draft a proposal for review:
>
> | A proposal for a "sprinkles" mechanism is the subject of a Working
> | Draft in progress.
>
> but that never happened.

The WD didn't need to happen.  Why bother with a proposal when you can
present a fait accompli?

*That's* what the O2K "barf" is really about.  Of course, we can all
go on pretending otherwise...

Arjun