Re: Seperating Document Content from Structure (was RE: inline CSS - score so far)

From: Arjun Ray <aray@q2.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:59:17 -0500 (EST)
To: www-html@w3.org

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Murray Altheim wrote:

> There's also a proposal in the W3C for something called 'XInclude'
> which does this in yet another way.

I was wondering how long it would take for something like this to
surface.  More NIH, as usual.

> Some people don't like entities (despite their relative simplicity
> and proven years of use),

Actually, it's the KTWSFN principle.  "Like" is just an euphemism.

> and for some purposes I'm guessing XLink won't do either, so
> XInclude is a proposed change to XML itself.

This has all gone off the deep end, really.  I guees there'll be
something more from 50000ft to, uh, "explain the thinking behind the
specifications".

Arjun