RE: inline CSS - score so far

From: David Wagner <dwagner@kevric.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:26:05 -0600
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Another point in the discussion: inline style is easier for
a UA to render since it need not scan and interpret the contents
of all linked and embeded stylesheets to find this particular styling
to apply to the current element.

Along these lines, linked stylesheets, extremely useful
things, imho, do cause pages to remain blank until the UA retrieves
the CSS file in a seperate operation, an accessibility and usability
consideration for some internet applications.

One more question reaching further into the future: we are dutifully
seperating style from structure and content.  What about seperating
document content from its structure?  Any plans for this?

-David

P.S. I am a relatively unaffiliated web developer (HWG member; no other
affiliation) and I have not yet formed an opinion whether the style
attribute is likeley to be a 'good' or 'bad' thing in the not so distant
future.