Re: "fighting it out between WGs" (was: inline CSS)

From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 01:00:21 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
At 03:25p -0800 02/22/00, Murray Altheim didst inscribe upon an
electronic papyrus:
>You know, most everyone I've heard from is either a past or current
>member of the CSS working group or a Microsoft employee. And the
>most recent message was you, yet another Microsoft employee, not
>simply member of the 'web community'. Looking back over the archives,
>any lack of consensus you're trying to establish seems to be only
>the noise you guys are making.

Well, I am simply a member of the 'web community' and am not a member
of any WG, nor am I even remotely associated with MS. So here is my
comment: Inline styles are required for any boilerplate text which
needs to be self contained; SSIs are a prime example.
How can you preserve an SSI's style without a style attribute?

>The two representatives in the HTML
>WG from the HTML Writer's Guild (representing over 110,000 web
>authors worldwide) have been pretty strong advocates of the decision
>made by the HTML WG to deprecate the 'style' attribute into the
>Legacy module.

I am not a member of HWG. I believe it was Groucho Marx who said he
would never join any club that would have him as a member. <g>

-Walter