Re: inline CSS (was: is anyone interested in XHTML?)

From: Sal Candido <salcandido@fastwebnow.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:04:59 -0600
To: <www-html@w3.org>
> Who said anything about external stylesheets?

Ummm.... I did.

> > Why not just be able to <span style=""> all those instances where
> > a style occurs only once?
>
> Why not CLASS it or ID it instead?

I'm saying that if I have an external stylesheet which styles an entire site
(which I see as one of the major benefits of CSS) and I want to override the
values in the style sheet, why should I have to bother with the <style>
element? Why shouldn't I just be able to use the style attribute? Is there
that great a difference in using the style attribute rather than id'ing the
element and then applying styles in the <style> element other than it is
redundant and annoying to do the latter?

Sal Candido
salcandido@fastwebnow.com
http://www.fastwebnow.com