Re: URL better than FPI

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:05:20 GMT
To: www-html@w3c.org

Arjun Ray wrote

> This amounts to saying that XML - and XHTML - documents can only be
> used online.  I don't like this at all.

I don't like it that much either, but I only read the spec I didn't
write it:-)

But the alternative to forcing that they only be used online is for the
xhtml conformance section to allow the system identifier to be modified
to whatever works locally. Which is what it says now, and what started
this thread.

David