Re: review process [was: identify...]

From: Arjun Ray <aray@q2.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:28:05 -0500 (EST)
To: www-html@w3.org

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Yours have to be recorded too.

OK, a mild test.  A few weeks ago, I posted a question about the
DOCTYPE declaration.  A lot of discussion followed.  One substantive
followup, clearly addressing the HTML WG, was

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2000Jan/0226.html

To which I added my 2 cents:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2000Jan/0241.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2000Jan/0246.html

I can't (and don't) speak for Eliot Kimber, but let's agree that these
posts have raised a bunch of (technical) issues that, in the best of
worlds, would oblige a response.

  (a) I don't expect a response.
  (b) If the response is, uh, unsatisfactory, *I* can't escalate.
  (c) That is, without being a nuisance or jerk or both.

And please don't say that there's an ombudsman or equivalent thereof
to "represent" me or my interests, and certainly not that you could or
will fill that role.  (Why?  Because even though you have earned my
respect many times over, you are still not entitled to my trust.)

Arjun