Re: identify XHTML DTD by URI, not by FPI (W3C's motives)

From: Arjun Ray <aray@q2.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 01:21:51 -0500 (EST)
To: www-html@w3.org

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Arjun Ray wrote:
> [...]
> > I understand how the W3C would like nothing better than to be the
> > exclusive spokesman for the Web Community,

> Arjun, I appreciate your dilligence in criticizing my arguments,
> but I have asked you, privately, to stop impugning the motives of
> myself and my colleagues in W3C without evidence,

Impugning motives?  If you're bothered by what I write, consider this:
it's about attitude(s).

> Either substantiate that remark or retract it, please.

You provided the evidence just a few followups ago.

: c.f. The Name Myth -- Axioms of Web architecture
: http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/NameMyth

Axioms of architecture?  I'm sorry, but I decline the invitation, and
resist the evangel, to treat such pronunciamenta as scriptural.

> If you decline, I won't ask you again, but I will expect the
> rest of the folks in this forum to understand if I ignore
> such comments from you from now on.

To quote myself (in that private correspondence):

:  I think you should ignore me.

Arjun