NAME attribute for IMG

From: <pdf@bizfon.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:42:39 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org

I was trying to use the HTML validator to validate a page as HTML 4.0
Transitional, and the validator tried to tell me that there is no attribute
"NAME" for an image!  But looking in the attribute list for images in HTML 4, I
clearly see a "NAME".  Is this a bug in the validator, or did I suddenly step
into an alternate universe where HTML 4 is completely different?

Peter Foti