Re: Netscape and IE images

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:05:58 -0800
To: "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
--Have I missed anything?--

One small thing: Tools for PNG are somewhat lacking, last I checked. Of
course, I don't have the latest software...

But there have been occaisions when I tried to create an 8-bit image, and
compare file sizes between PNG and GIF. GIF was smaller, but I fear this is
largely due to poor implementation on the part of my graphics application,
JASC's Paint Shop Pro 5. (Yeah, I know, cheap rip-off of Adobe, but I think
Adobe's products are all waaaay overpriced anyway.)

Can anyone attest to a better implementation of PNG on other image editors?

Yeah, I know, this is pretty off-topic for the markup list... sorry.

<random political message>
I want to use the OBJECT element instead of the IMG element!
</random political message>

Daniel