Re: The <HR> tag

On Tuesday, December 26, 2000 at 11:10, pdf@bizfon.com wrote:

> In HTML4, the HR tag does not contain any attributes that let you
> specify the color.  However, IE seems to allow you to set a color
> attribute (IE also lets you control the color with style sheets).
> Changing the color of an HR seems like it would be a very common
> thing.  I'm just wondering why this hasn't been added to the HTML
> specs?  Is there some better way to create a colored horizontal rule
> that I don't know about?

Because this is precisely the sort of thing which is supposed to be
provided for via styles. Note that all presentational attributes for HR
have been deprecated in HTML 4.0 so it would be counter productive to
add a new attrbute for the color of the bar.

--
Christian Smith  |  csmith@barebones.com  |  http://web.barebones.com

He who dies with the most friends... Is still dead!