Re: OT apology and Sbjct Prfx WAS Re: pixel difference with IE and Ntscp

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 10:20:27AM -0800, Dan Miller wrote:

> Sorry everybody spammed by my off topic post.  I will endeavour to look
> more closely at which list such a plea for help is coming from.  The
> responsibility is my own.
>
> But perhaps I could make a suggestion, as a hardcore list-user and
> list-owner (who should know better).  That would be to set this ListServ
> to append a string to the subject line of all posts like "[www-html]".

No, I consider that a bad idea, as I wrote the other day. [1]

> This would allow list-junkies like myself, who are subscribed to about
> 20 different lists, to better and more easily identify the source list
> of any post, and therefore make problems like my off topic response much
> less likely.

I suggest filtering each list into a separate mailbox.
(for this list, you should filter on the 'List-Id' header,
which will always match '<www-html.w3.org>')

In any case, your mailer should have replied privately unless
you did a 'group reply' or 'reply to all', which is a conscious
choice to send mail to many people.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2000Dec/0129.html

--
Gerald Oskoboiny       <gerald@w3.org>  +1 613 261 6630