Re: "Finding" www-html (was: Flash)

>From: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org>
>
>One way to solve this problem is to put new subscribers on a
>read-only list for the first n weeks or posts, and if they try
>to post something off-topic, politely redirect them elsewhere.

Why stop there, why not have new subscribers sit a test, no wait an
induction exam, where by their acceptance as a subscriber is determined upon
competence.

But wait, there is a better method. Why not set-up a hierarchy where
subscribers can only responded or send post based on a ranking system. A
ranking system can be determined by, competency, industry experience, level
of knowledge and term of subscription.

Also, a method of politics could be....................

Is it possible that the etiquette/rules is/are not clear?, or delivered in a
way that not ALL people can understand it/them? Without the benefit of
statistics (or arduously defending the logic of the following statement), “I
think this could be the cause”.

Why not revisit the etiquette/rules to make it easier for people to
interpret/understand them.