question about data base support

From: mihir matalia <mihir_matalia@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 02:07:17 -0800 (PST)
To: www-html@w3.org
     I want to know how is data stored on the web
server . I mean when i take a portal( space on the web
server ) i am allowed to acces that part of the server
through FTP browser. But what if i ask for database
support ?
     Say if i ask for Oracle than what server admin.
will do ? Will they specify a skima on their existing
data base of oracle or what else ? if it is so than
what about data security ?
    Please guide me. I am a third year computerscience
student.
  mihir
mihir_matalia@yahoo.com