RE: web page layout standards

From: Dave J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:55:30 -0000
To: www-html@w3.org
> From:	Ken Grygienc [SMTP:kgrygienc@agencyr.com]
>
> I wouldn't say designers build a page through what's fashionable. Must
> designers I know pay strict attention to standards and formalities. I find
	[DJW:]
	In that case, why are most home pages on the web (including
	most high profile companies, including most high profile
	technology companies, including all members of the W3C that
	I've tried) not valid HTML?  (The errors I find cannot be
	explained by fixups to do with things like margins.)

> it hard for W3C to dictate how a site gets designed. All pages would look
> the same if they did.

[DJW:]