Re: <PRELOAD> in <HEAD> section, MOUSEOVER attribute in <A> tag

From: Clover Andrew <aclover@1VALUE.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 12:58:54 +0100
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
> <LINK REL="CACHE" HREF=uri>

I like the idea of using <link>, but I think I'd prefer a more
declarative style of directive, something like:

  <link rel="scripted-image" href="...">

which the UA could choose to pre-cache based on whether images
and scripting were enabled, rather than imperatively following
a 'cache' command. A browser could also optionally follow other
<link>s too - for example it seems likely that a user reading a
partial document is going to want to read the <link rel="next">
document, so the UA could start loading that as the current
document is being read, and have it instantaneously available.

--
Andrew Clover
Technical Support