Frames & Layers

From: Kevin S Becker <ksbecker@duke-energy.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:13:32 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org

I'm designing a site that uses frames and layers, using the <DIV> or <SPAN>
tags.  My site frame has navigation buttons across the side and when you put
your mouse over the button, I want a layer to show up beside it (kinda like a
pull-down menu) but the layer only shows up inside of that frame, basically it
gets chopped off once it crosses the line into the right-hand frame.  Is there
any way of getting a layer to show up on top of all frames?