We want to keep the 'target' attribute.

From: Tapio Markula <tapio1@gamma.nic.fi>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:50:37 +0300
To: <www-html@w3.org>
I got a letter:

At 11:08 28.8.2000 -0400, you wrote:
>I've noticed that the "target" attribute for "A" (or "BASE" or anything
>pertaining to a link) is not valid in strict DTD.
>
>I have to question why.

I agree. The attribute 'target' is reasonable also, when opening a
temporary window but keeping the main window background.

In my mind IFRAME has not the same main problems as FRAMESET. IFRAME is in
fact an embedded object like using OBJECT element or APPLET. BUT this
matter seems not te be clear to members of W3C. They are OVERstrict.
Tapio Markula
I like
 __
____ Cascading
______ Style
______   Sheets

I have made something also with XML and XSL
E:mail: tapio.markula@nic.fi
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/index.html (Finnish)
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/index_e.html (English)
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/Opetus/ (CSS2)