[www-html] <none>

From: Jeffrey I Condon/Cupertino/IBM <jicondon@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 19:03:50 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org
IBM developerWorks Web Architecture Zone

From XML content to HTML display: How to render XML documents in popular
Web browsers
Here's a practical step-by-step explanation of how to display XML documents
in two popular browsers. The authors demonstrate the default display
behaviors of Internet Explorer 5.5 and Netscape 6.0 browsers and show how
to apply stylesheets for custom display. Details include sample code used
to create displays of XML documents. Simple examples using default, CSS,
and XSL styling methods help clarify your options in the use of

Delivering e-business faster with database technology
True e-commerce sites have a database lurking behind the scenes. Find out
how to speed any site's database performance with advice from the IBM DB2
e-business development team. Two experts from the team also discuss trends
in database processing to support the e-commerce world, including new
research areas.

Software security for developers
Like many security technologies we have discussed in this series on
developerWorks, the idea is simple and elegant, but getting everything
exactly right is harder than it first appears. In this installment, we'll
focus on the problem of storing passwords. Next time, we'll discuss
authenticating users with passwords.

Design for performance
IBM High-Volume Web Site team:  Analysis of download times for page
elements suggests ways to optimize