Missing border-shape property in CSS2

From: Tapio Markula <tapio1@gamma.nic.fi>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:46:16 +0300
To: bbos@w3.org, <www-html@w3.org>
Emulation form elements with CSS.

I forgot the 'overflow' property in this matter:
THIS could work in some XML-language:
{display:inline-table;height:60px;width:300px;overflow:auto;border:2p inset
#603} /* display:inline-table emulate presumable better the behavior of
'select ' than some other value */
In principle overflow + borders could emulate the INPUT or TEXTAREA elements.
ALL except radio button could be emulated with CSS in XML.

CSS3 needs ONLY one property, border-shape to render all elements like HTML.
Possible values are 'rectangle' and 'circle', border-shape:rectangle or
border-shape:circle (to emulate radio buttons).
I regard that this is a missing property because the intention is - unlike
CSS1 - to be full layout language.

Could this be added?
Tapio Markula
I like
____ Cascading
______ Style
______   Sheets

I have made something also with XML and XSL
E:mail: tapio.markula@nic.fi
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/index.html (Finnish)
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/index_e.html (English)
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/Opetus/ (CSS2)