Img height and width- resizing

From: Robert Whitton <whittonr001@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:49:08 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Aloha,
	Using JavaScript, I can allow users to resize images on my web page by
increasing the image height and width attributes then writing the content to
a layer.  What I don't know is how the image is being resized- I mean what
method does the browser use to create more pixels or compress the pixels.
Some people have mentioned pixel replication, bilinear interpolation, (fast)
fourrier transform or other methods- I really have no idea.
Any thoughts or guidance?

Thank you,

Rob

Robert K. Whitton