Re: XHTML Invalidity / WML2 / New XHTML 1.1 Attribute

>Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:
>I recall
>when Netscape 2.0 came out (or was it 3.0?) and the release notes
>noted with glee how it now parsed HTML's "weird comment syntax" or
>something to that effect.

I believe the adjective they used was "awful" :-)

>(I looked to find the specific release notes
>but failed after a couple of attempts.

Yes, I was trying to read these the other day, and it does look like
Netscape has stupidly deleted them. :/

>What's interesting is that I
>started by typing "http://home.mcom.com/" into my fresh Mozilla
>build. I'm getting old.)

Hehehe. I remember the default window width in Mosaic and Netscape 0.x-2.x
was 470px on both Mac and Windows (thus banner ads are 468px maximum width).
I nudged mine up to 472, and eventually settled on 480px (80 columns of
Monaco 9). If someone can tell me how to count pixels on a NeXT, I'd love
to measure WorldWideWeb.app 0.16's default window size. But we digress. :)

-Walter
 scalability maven