Re: justification/reasoning of tags in XHTML forced to be lowercase?

From: Shell Hung <shell@hkscript.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:15:00 +0800
To: cavre@mindspring.com
CC: www-html@w3.org
In the first sentense of XHTML 1.0 point 4, it said XHTML is XML-family
and HTML is SGML-base language, so they must different, XML is case-
sentitive, and the tag defined in DTD of XHTML 1.0 is all lowercase,
that's the reason why XHTML force users to use lowercase... :-)

Funny, because peoples most use lowercase in HTML, XHTML give them the
time to change, from HTML to XHTML, is it the reason ?