Re: Extending HTML yourself [was: New XHTML 1.1 Attribute]

From: Jan Roland Eriksson <jrexon@newsguy.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:09:11 +0200
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: Sean Palmer <sean_b_palmer@yahoo.com>, www-html@w3.org
On Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:07:27 -0500, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
wrote:

>Sean Palmer wrote:
>> NEW "COMMENT" ATTRIBUTE
>> Here is a thought that has been exciting me for quite
>> a long time now; a new attribute in XHTML 1.1;
>> "comment".
>[...]
>> <hr style="color:green;" comment="was blue" />
>
>With XHTML, you don't need to pray to the HTML Gods
>for new markup any more: you can Just Do It, as long
>as you use namespaces:

Hmmm... namespaces serves exactly what purpose in this?

And what about the now all forgotten "marked section"?
Are we all sure that a marked section could not fill the requirements on
how to put processable comments in the source markup?

--
Jan Roland Eriksson <jrexon@newsguy.com>
<URL:http://member.newsguy.com/%7Ejrexon/>