Scripting Examples Should be Non-Normative?

From: Dave J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 16:41:55 +0100
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
I think the part of section 18.2.3 in the HTML
4.01 specification that gives examples of event
handlers should be marked as non-normative, as it
is based on document object models and scripting
languages that are outside of the scope of the
document.  (docuemnt.write isn't even in W3C DOM2,
and wasn't in the drafts of DOM1 that I read.)