checkbox event handler

From: <pdf@bizfon.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 10:16:43 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org

I'm looking through the O'Reilly book "Javascript: the Definitive Guide" and
they list that the input type 'checkbox' does not have an onchange event
handler.  I looked through the HTML 4.01 spec, but could not find anything that
said which event handlers each input type has.  The onchange event seems to work
in IE5 (haven't tested in anything else).  I'm wondering if that's a mistake in
the O'Reilly book, or whether a checkbox really DOES have an onchange event
handler.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Peter Foti