RE: word separators (was: Ignoring empty paragraphs)

From: Dave J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:17:31 +0100
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
> From:	RCI [SMTP:robert_ingham_uk@yahoo.co.uk]
>
> Failing that, &zwnj; inserted after or before "word-separators" works well
> on most browsers.

	[DJW:]  I made the same mistake in the past.  &zwnj is for use
	with non-latin scripts; the character they want is a
	zero width space, as pointed out in my earlier reply.
	&zwnj may work, but it is not intended for this purpose
	and is not a white space character in the formal sense
	used by the HTML specification.