RE: Scales Not (was Re: Modularization of XHTML B.3.4.2)

From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:17:16 -0700
To: www-html@w3.org
At 08:39p -0700 04/10/00, Daniel Koger didst inscribe upon an
electronic papyrus:
>Sounds very reminiscent of the 80 column green screen debate around Apple ][
>e.  Just as fruitful too.

Who's debating? I was agreeing with Jan and making a statement, that's all.
I have no intention of starting any kind of debate. Either people
understand what HTML is all about, or they don't. It would indeed be
pointless for people who understand to engage people who do not
understand. It's like that neat saying: "For those who don't believe,
there's no explanation possible; and for those who do believe,
there's no explanation necessary."

Sometimes I feel more protective of HTML's intent than its own inventor.
And that is the most shocking thing of all.

-Walter