About designing dynamically generated sites from DBs or...

From: Dionysios G. Synodinos <dsin@noc.ntua.gr>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 15:41:00 +0300 (EET DST)
To: www-html@w3.org
Here at the NTUA we're rebuilding our website (one of the first in
Greece) from scratch, since it has been around for many years, and lacks
in many areas (management, structure, design).

It seems that a cost effective method to go about it is to use a free DB
to store the actuall content (articles+HTML) and build a web interface for
it, for example with php, servlets etc.

I would appreciate any help from people with any experience, that could
suggest a different approach than mine, or have some practical information
on performance issues for 100% DB driven sites (SUN Enterprise 250,
2x300MHz, 1GB RAM, 1HD=9GB + 1 RAID=250GB).

Thanx in advance!

--
Dionysios G. Synodinos       webmaster@ntua.gr