abstract syntax 4.5.2, 4.5.1

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 16:11:19 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org
In the Forms module,
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/xhtml_modules.html#s_extformsmodul
e, I've found what looks like a problem in the attributes entry for input.

>Common, accept (ContentTypes), accesskey
>(Character), alt (CDATA), checked ("checked"),
>disabled ("disabled"), maxlength (Number), name
>(CDATA), readonly ("readonly"), size (Number), src
>(URI), tabindex (Number), type ("text", "password",
>"checkbox", "radio", "submit", "reset", "file", "hidden",
>"image"), value (CDATA)

Is there some reason the values for type are separated by commas, while the
Building XML Modules spec says to use vertical bars (like in form - method
("get" | "put")).

Also, do these values all need to be in quotes?  I suppose that the mixing
of types and values probably requires it, but it's not anywhere in Building
XML Modules that I can find.

The same problem appears in 4.5.1; I haven't checked the rest of the spec.
I just picked this one out to use as an example, and it seems I picked
something interesting.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth