XHTML and DOM

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:47:21 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
Section C.11 in XHTML [1] says that the HTML DOM defines the case of
attribute and element names as uppercase.  It does define the case of
element names as uppercase, but it makes no mention of attribute names
(unless I missed it, but I have looked carefully).

It should probably also mention the case of enumerated attribute values
in the DOM.  When these are returned through the HTML DOM attributes
(as opposed to the core DOM functions), they are returned with the
first letter capitalized an the rest lowercase [2].  What should happen
to this behavior in XHTML?

David

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#guidelines
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-DOM-Level-1/level-one-html.html#ID-642250288