Re: standards

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 11:59:55 -0700
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Of course, as with any standard, it will likely take a great period of time
before it is implemented in web browsers. So, while you can write xhtml,
(and to my knowledge, it should still work in current web browsers
interpretting it as html), xhtml won't become *the* standard for a while...
I'm not a professional, nor may I speak on anyone's behalf, but my personal
estimate for this is 1.5 years minimum.

On the other hand, it's still a good idea in the computing industry to be
prepared... being prepared is very important... y2k, anyone! :)

Daniel