Re: The Future of HTML, "true sectioning"

From: Christian Ottosson <f95-cot@f.kth.se>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 18:59:56 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
At 1999-10-22T20:37 -0400, JOrendorff@ixl.com wrote:

> What tags do you think
> belong in future versions?

I am really longing for "true sectioning". It has already been proposed
many times before, among others by Jukka Korpela [1], and I don't think I
can explain it better myself. So I refer to his comments (I hope he doesn't
mind), originally on the HTML 4.0 draft. He also has many other interesting
thoughts in the same document.

Generally I find the separation between block- and textlevel elements
ungainly. Especially together with a more common use of stylesheets.

[1] http://www.hut.fi/u/jkorpela/HTML4.0/comments.html#sectioning

--
Christian Ottosson
http://www.f.kth.se/~f95-cot/