Suggestion for new tag: <EOP> "End Of Page" (or some other appropriate name)

From: { lordsnow } <lordsnow@home.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:44:17 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
I first thought this one up 2 years ago but never bothered to mail
before, thinking someone else would think of it too...

The thing is, I make webpages in two different languages - english and
dutch. And it's a bother to split the two different language verions
of a page into two files. My suggestion is this:

have an <EOP> which would mark a point in the document beyond which
the browser will NOT scroll. This would make having several different
language texts in one file possible, and would make authoring and
maintaining multi-language pages a lot easier. And more logical.

Of course, it's still possible to jump from one language page to
another, "over" the <EOP> tag(s), using anchors.

Now, let me know how silly this idea is :))

Bas Ruiter