Re: Include pieces of code in an HTML file (fwd)

From: Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor <roconnor@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 20:07:14 -0400 (EDT)
To: W3C HTML <www-html@w3.org>
On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Arjun Ray wrote:

> The book was closed on this a long time ago.  See
>
> <URL:http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=259842602>
> <URL:http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=259906443>

This just says that adding entities is illegal in HTML.  I agree with
that.  I said that I think I the specs should be changed to allow this
construct.

> Because Netploder doesn't support it.  The web is what Netploder supports.

Netscape and Explorer don't support the Q element as far as I know, yet
the element was added to the specifications.

       <http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~roconnor/>
``And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message''
-- Anindita Dutta, ``The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy''