Re: Stability [Was: XHTML]

Murray Altheim wrote:

> The idea that one needs to author one's documents in the "latest thing"
> is pervasive but almost idiotic in its logic (no offense to you intended).

None taken.  In fact, the reason I want to use standards is for
forward-compatibility reasons.  I want to make a page, stick it at a
URL, and have Mozilla 10 render the page correctly.

> Note that ISO believes their version of HTML [ISOHTML] will have a
> lifespan of up to 25 years. It's better to opt for interoperability
> rather than flash in my book, but I realize this goes against common
> marketing droid wisdom.
> [ISOHTML] http://www.ornl.gov/sgml/wg8/document/n1966/FinalCD.html

Now *this* is interesting.  Thanks very much for the link. The point is
I'm not a marketing droid, I need to reach blind users, and I want my
pages to stand the test of time.

While still doing so in an interesting, aesthetically pleasing, manner.

--
Ethan "mindlace" Fremen
you cannot abdicate responsibility