RE: No specification for querystrings and fragment identifiers

href parameters are HTML, although there may be a problem here in that,
although all browsers that I know of do entity replacement in href
parameters, the fomral syntax appears to be CDATA, which doesn't as
far as I know, permit entities to be replaced.  My impression is that this
should be RCDATA, for the syntax to agree with the reality.

URLs keyed directly into a browser shouldn't have entities replaced,
although things like spaces should either be faulted or replaced.