Problem with HTTP 1.1. Need Help

From: <Francisco_Garcia@dmr.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 16:26:09 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org
Hello:
     I developed a intranet application for use with IE 3.01 (HTTP 1.0). Now the
browser has migrated to IE4.01 and the next speed problem has come out:

     I found that the problem is linked to HTTP version (IE 4.01).  If I set the
HTTP   to 1.0 in the browser options  and I access to a page of my application
it loads in a few seconds but if the version is HTTP 1.1 the page takes a long
time to load, besides when the page is shown the browser keeps loading something
i donīt know.

      Sometimes when I want a page, with HTTP set to 1.0,  a redirect message
links me to the  page I request for.

     The server, Netscape Enterprise 3.0, is compliant with the HTTP 1.1
standard, I suppose so. The page has server and client side script on it.

Thank you very much