XHTML

From: Dan Meriwether <danm@healtheon.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:29:21 -0500 (EST)
To: www-html@w3.org
For the sake of readability, by humans, let the XHTML elements be all caps.

It is also somewhat bizarre to specify that the attribute values must also
be in lower case. What about SRC and HREF attributes? Are you saying that
my entire directory structure now needs to be in lower case?

Recently Daniel Austin mentioned, quite strenuously, that very element now
must have every attribute available to it declared within it. In other
words, when I specify a <TABLE> all 9 attributes must be present, even if
they are just null values. I could not find any further reference to this
assertion. Was this the beer talking?

Cheers,
DRM