(unknown charset) Re: XHTML <?XML?>? +browsers

From: (unknown charset) Frank Boumphrey <bckman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:50:47 -0500
To: (unknown charset) <www-html@w3.org>, "Xavier Plantefeve" <XavePlant@iName.Com>
have those oldest or less used
>   browsers been reported as correctly handling this "<br />" thing?

I personally tested it in Mosaic2 and netscape2 and it worked fine. I know
that it has been tested in other down level browsers with out a problem.

It should be noted that CDATA sections do not work in most browsers, and
Processing instructions can cause a problem, hence the decision to omit the
xml version declaration on the official document

Frank (speaking for myself)