(unknown charset) Re: XHTML <?XML?>? +browsers

have those oldest or less used
>   browsers been reported as correctly handling this "<br />" thing?

I personally tested it in Mosaic2 and netscape2 and it worked fine. I know
that it has been tested in other down level browsers with out a problem.

It should be noted that CDATA sections do not work in most browsers, and
Processing instructions can cause a problem, hence the decision to omit the
xml version declaration on the official document

Frank (speaking for myself)