Re: uppercase vs. lower case

From: Dan <Dan.Oscarsson@trab.se>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 11:18:29 +0100 (MET)
To: www-html@w3.org
I have read the messages about upper/lower case and thing you are
missing the main reason why many people prefer case insensitivity:

for a human, the word: "dog" is the same as "DOG".
When we communicate using sound, we do not have a case distinction.
An "A" is an A independently of case.
Why should I have to use a special case just because I write my words
in a text? To enhance the reading and understanding of the text - yes!
But not to help lazy programmers.
All my programms handles case insensitivity and it is very simple to
do it.
So why not allow it?

   Dan