Re: XHTML Case Poll is online

From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 09:20:28 -0500
To: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>, www-html@w3.org
At 03:26 PM 2/28/99 -0800, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> PS. Should this poll be publicized further? If so, that's ok by me!

Speaking for myself, not as a working group member, I think that would be
highly counter-productive. It's already been indicated here that the issue
is highly unlikely to change now that it's been made, and for very specific
interoperability reasons.

Putting up a poll only suggests to people that this decision hasn't been
made or incorporated, and/or the working group is actively seeking comment
on it at this time. None of these situations are currently true (comments
on the case issue were appropriate in the previous release -- which, if not
posted here (to which I can't address), was widely disseminated elsewhere).

Ann
---

Author of Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials
Buy it online! http://www.webgeek.com/about.html

Owner, WebGeek Communications          http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org