Re: avoid visitors viewing inside pages

From: Nicolas Lesbats <nlesbats@etu.utc.fr>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:19:00 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Aditya Hermawan <aditya@sby.globalinfo.net>
cc: W3HTML <www-html@w3.org>
On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Aditya Hermawan wrote:

| Is there a way to avoid visitors from accessing our site pages without
| first viewing the 'index.html' page

You can add to each page of the site a

which will redirect the visitor to the index.html page.

But I don't find it's a good solution (some browsers, as Lynx, display
a confirmation message).

I hope that with XHTML and XLink (working draft), the following element
will be recognized :

 <link rev="start" href="index.html" xml:link="simple" actuate="auto" />

It would play exactly the same role but it will be more "official".

[The 'actuate' attribute accepts two values : 'auto', which means the link
will be followed automatically, and 'user', which means it will be
followed when the user clicks it]

				Nico

--
Nicolas Lesbats - nlesbats@etu.utc.fr