Re: The <link> element

From: Ian Hickson <py8ieh@bath.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:04:15 +0100 (BST)
To: Nicolas Lesbats <nlesbats@etu.utc.fr>
cc: www-html@w3.org
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Nicolas Lesbats wrote:

> [HTML]	<link rel="next" href="next.html" title="Title of Next">
>
> [CSS2]	head { display: block } /* display the document head */
> 	link:before { content: attr(title) } /* display the content of the
> 	                                        'title' attribute */
>
> *Will* a *conformant* browser render the expected rendering ?

Yes.

> In particular, will the generated content really be a link ?

Good question. I suppose that logically it should be.

> And when can we expect such a behavior ? (what browser with ?)

The <link> element and the generated content will probably be supported in
the next version of Mozilla. Whether it will act as a link is a different
matter altogether. See bugs 2800, 6306.

--
Ian Hickson
: Is your JavaScript ready for Nav5 and IE5?