Re: webmaster-tag

From: John Whelan <whelan@itp.unibe.ch>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 08:51:42 -0400 (EDT)
To: ruud.steltenpool@philips.com, www-html@w3.org
> Idea:
> A standard way to put the webmaster's e-mail address somewhere in
> the code of a webpage (this of course then would be optional)

It's not mentioned in the list of link-types in the spec, but the
following construction is valid (inside the HEAD) and has been
recognized by Lynx for some time now:

<LINK REV="made" HREF="mailto:me@foo.org">

(Technically this is supposed to be the contact info for the author of
the page, not the webmaster of the whole site, but the idea is that
this is the address to send comments to.)  Another good place for this
information is in a META tag.
					John T. Whelan
					whelan@iname.com
					http://www.slack.net/~whelan/
	Star Wars Episode I: "The Phantom Menace"
	   premieres August 27 in Switzerland.
	          No spoilers, please!